Sunday, May 10, 2015

45th Annual Atlanta Symphony Associates' Decorators Showhouse and Gardens



This past week I I went South! To Atlanta that is.  The trip was part of the festivties celebrating #AATOP20, that is The Top 20 African American Interiors Designers, which I am pleased to say I have been listed on the past several years.

It's an organization formed by Pinkeggshell's Kimberly Ward. The trip involved a trip to the Atlanta Symphony Designer Showcase.

I've been to many, many, many show houses over the years and they are great fun.   I thoroughly enjoyed this one as well.  It's always a great experience as a designer to let your imagination and pocketbook run wild, when you can create from a 'set designers' perspective of illusion as 'real people' don't live there.  But when, great rooms are created they are approachable and livable too.

My approach is to run through them quickly and photograph them while empty.  Then I take two passes looking at details.  Original architectural details always stop me in my tracks!  I am divinely captivated by craftsmanship.  On occasion I succumb to 'newness' but nothing tops skill and craftsmanship.  Yes, I will ALWAYS be that girl!

And oh yes, the house is on the market for sale!  Unfortunately, the last day is May 10th. So I'm thrilled I was able to check it out.  Well, there's always next year!

Breakfast room and Den by Vern Yip of Vern Yip Designs

Vern Yip Designs

Vern Yip Designs

 Golden Bordeaux Boudoir by Bryan Alan Kirkland and Alesia King of Kirkland and King Designs

 Golden Bordeaux Boudoir by Bryan Alan Kirkland and Alesia King of Kirkland and King Designs

First Floor Guest Room by Melanie Turner Interiors

 Living Room by Smith Boyd Interiors

 Upstairs Retreat by Stephen Pararo

Kitchen by Robin LaMonte and Rooms Revamped

 Nursery by Knotting Hill Interiors

Dining Room by Randy Koran with Foxwoods Gardens

Dining Room by Randy Koran with Foxwoods Gardens

 Dining Room by Randy Koran with Foxwoods Gardens

Master Suite by Robert Brown Interiors

 Master Suite by Robert Brown Interiors


Guest Bedroom by Melanie Turner

Guest Bedroom by Melanie Turner
 
 Gentlemen's Study by Parker Kennedy

Gardens

All Photos are by me... Joy Moyler



8 comments:

Robin LaMonte said...

Thank you Joy for including my kitchen in your blog!

It was so nice to meet you!
Until we meet again!

Robin

Unknown said...

east for women of all ages and the men who love them!" and CBS’ Magee Hickey “I haven't laughed so hard in years. It's touching, poignant, funny and oh so very real."milton real estate

Robert Jennifer said...

There are so many different prospects when it comes to this subject. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on this particular aspect and making it easier for us.improve golf swing

tayyab ali said...

This is excellent work yet again from your side. I am really astonished and pleased at the same time with this work. I just hope I get to see some more great stuff like this very soon from you víkendové pobyty pre dvoch

Legal Herbal Online said...

There is a huge craze in the market for these MUVs, I have seen these vehicles in many showrooms. A new car dealership has just launched in our area, I have heard they also have a couple of MUVs in their showroom, versilia B&B

tayyab ali said...

This is a good post. This post give truly quality information.I’m definitely going to look into it.Really very useful tips are provided here.peoria il golf courses

Best economical Dymo Labels said...

Thank you to the perform as well as discuss anything incredibly important in my opinion.
We loose time waiting for your next article writing in addition to I beg one to get back to pay a visit to our website inbreast augmentation dallas

tayyab ali said...

This is informative post for all the visitors.real estate for sale in panama