Friday, May 20, 2011

Friends In Deed... Support the arts!

In sync with my earlier post today regarding 'Living with Art'... I have just received an invitation to attend the Friends In Deed Cocktails and Auction on Wednesday, June 1st. 6:30 p.m. at the Phillips du Pury & Company auction house here in New York.  Spearheaded by 1stDibs' Michael Bruno, Andy Cohen and Calvin Klein's Francisco Costa

It may be gauche to post the invite but it's for a worthy cause.  What can be better than supporting art and people in need?  Incredible photographers works will be presented.  Amongst them... Francesco Scavullo, Diane Arbus, Patrick Demarchelier, Todd Eberle, Ron Galella (famous for his many Jackie O images), Herb Ritts, Deborah Turbeville, Firooz Zahedi, Ellen Von Unwerth and Bruce Weber.  These are just a few mentions.  The list is extraordinary!  And those close to me already know I love photographers!  Come on! let's fill up those walls!

If you can attend and support the cause, please do.  Tickets are $100.00 USD for auction and cocktails.

450 Park Avenue (at 57th. Street)
New York, N.Y.  10022

Call 1 800 996 5433
mcohen@friendsindeed.org

2 comments:

design elements said...

lovely idea! love the redcross logo on your blog! i have 2 of another organisation I support on my blog too

http://design-elements-blog.com/favoriten/stiftungen/

happy weekend!

Hautezone said...

Hello Design Elements!

Thank you so much for the note. I agree it's a must to support institutions that make a true impact on the lives od others.

I checked your blog out as well. I like it! I like it a lot and look forward to more reads!

Have a great weekend and keep in touch!

Joy